For the second year, PADC will be participating in the city-wide MLK Day of Service on Monday, January 21, 2019. This year, we will be volunteering at Jane Addams Place, a shelter with the Lutheran Settlement House, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. There will be a sign-up sheet at the luncheon on December 18, 2018, for anyone who is interested in participating. You can also reply to Sarah Adams, 215-841-3005 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate.
Jane Addams Place (Lutheran Settlement House)
1007 W. Lehigh Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19133
Date and Time:
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The following are proposed projects for our day of volunteerism:
- Organizing donations.
- Service projects related to the kitchen.
- Trashing/organizing items in the gym and other areas where that is a desired need.
- Putting together racks for the donation room.
- Hanging things in the building that we never got around to.
- Organizing and cleaning child development space. (Bright Spaces)
- Put together development toys in child development space.
- MLK arts and Craft activity with children in the building.
- 9:00-9:30 Informational Session and Sign up for projects
(Opportunity to sign-up for projects that interest us the most)
- 9:30-11:45 Working on Service Projects
- 11:45-12 Wrap-up Service Projects and Clean up
- 12-12:30 Lunch
- 12:30-1:00 Wrap-up Session/Q&A/Share experiences as a group
Thank you in advance to all our volunteers!